Are you in the middle of planning a wedding? Is your skin feeling a little down and out? Worried about how it will look on the big day and haven’t a clue where to start? Okay, this is where I tell you to breathe. I’ve been in the business over 18 years and have helped many brides achieve a flawless glow for her wedding day. Caring for your skin on the run-up is about maintaining a balanced routine. It really is that simple. You don’t have to spend a fortune just follow my 6 Top Tips to Wedding Skin Bliss and you’ll radiate on your ‘big day’.
- It is so important to know your skin type! Is it oily, combination, skin, sensitive skin, problematic skin or dehydrated. Unsure, then see my simple to follow guide on knowing your skin, I’ll leave a link to it at the bottom of this post.
- Once you’ve taken care of the above, seek out a product that deals with your own skin issues. I understand there are a lot of products already out there, but once you know what to look for it makes the search a little easier.
- Don’t leave it until the week before your wedding before you start looking after your skin. Begin your routine now. Cleanse and tone every night and your skin will reward you. Start breaking bad habits like going to bed with your makeup on. NOW! Put your face first, before it hits the pillow. It takes less than five minutes.
- Exfoliate at least fortnightly, evenings only and combine this with a face mask. This treatment will promote skin health. Top Tip – elevate your feet while wearing a mask, this increases blood circulation thus encouraging lymphatic drainage which improves the radiance of your skin. If you have acne I recommend you exfoliate just once a week until you’ve got it under control. I’ll be putting up a post shortly on looking after oily and acne prone skin.
- Invest in a decent facial oil or serum. It’s extra skin food and nutrients that will combat free radicals and toxins that invade the skin during the day. Save these products to use at night time. Use at night time only, again depending on your skin type. This gives them hours to help your skin recover and repair while you sleep.
- Finally, keep your skin hydrated, nourished and protected by moisturizing before bed and after you’ve showered. Moisturising is another product you should look at as if it were food and water for your skin. Applying a night cream before bed is crucial to keep your skin healthy. In the morning, before you put on your makeup, your day cream should be an automatic step in your skin prep.
Spread the good vibes xo
Do you need a bit of help planning and organising your Wedding? To help you gals and guys off to a good start, I’ve put together 7 Useful Stationery Items you will need to plan and organise your up and coming wedding.
- First off peeps, you need a plan on where to start. For most of you, this is your first time around. To help you kick off the planning you can check out my Best Wedding Guide Blog Posts,
- The Wedding Binder – Now that you have something to put into it, then the next thing you need is the Binder. A must have for any bride or groom who loves to get organised. Pop over to Etsy they’ve got a great selection of quirky and practical binders. Or, if you’re a bit of a DIY gal, I’ve left a link at the end of this post for a great one by a Bowl Full of Lemons see featured image also.
- Save the Date Cards – Pinterest is overrun with interesting ideas for these cards. Great, if you are budgeting and artsy. One, in particular, that’s stunning in its simplicity is of the future bride and grooms thumbprints. Combined on a rustic piece of card they create a heart.
- Invitations – Now you’ve thought about your theme, get ordering or creating. I’ve compiled some amazing ideas on Pinterest which you can check out here. It’s such a simple way to gather ideas by creating a simple Board. Then you can start pinning your preferred styles. In my Best Wedding Guide, I have outlined when you need to send these out.
- Place Settings – Another bit of stationery you can design yourself. Get googling for some great and quirky ideas from around the net. I found a cute one with pink flowers in cork stoppers with simple setting cards. Get creative ladies! These ideas are simple to create your self and cost-cutting.
- Finally, the Thank You Cards – Most of your guests will have spent a few bob dolling themselves up and getting you a gift. A simple thank you card says it all. Use a favourite photo and again, keeping your theme in mind, customise it to your liking.
If you have any other fab stationary ideas, comment and share with other future brides and grooms,
Images found on Pinterest