Four Weeks to Go My Wedding … she shrieks! Please don’t there’s simply no need.
Ok ladies, time to put your hands up to your head and hold tight onto that hair. Phew, it’s still all there. No need to pull it out, as yet again I’ve got you covered.
Here we go, here we go, here we go, just four short weeks… to go. It’s now down to the nitty-gritty. Time to make yet another CHECKLIST, on a fresh new page, of all the fiddly bits that need doing asap. This one will help free your mind of unnecessary stress. You’ve made it thus far and planned the heck out of this event, so keep calm and check, check, check.
1. Let’s kick off with this one, finalize all your arrangements for out of town attendants and guests.
2. Please, if you haven’t already done this then please make sure you organize your final dress fitting. And one for the Bridesmaids too if necessary.
3. Have you purchased gifts for the people who helped you most on this journey, bridesmaids, groomsmen, mums, and dads?
4. Compile a list of all of the wedding vendors and wedding party, with contact information. Carry this list with you everywhere you go (just in case). Contact vendors that will you need for your wedding morning and organize timings with them.
5. Now would be a good time to ensure you communicate rehearsal dinner details to those who will attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Put in on the list, now!
6. Are you leaving from the Venue on the morning of your wedding. If so, it’s important to look into where bride, groom, and attendants will dress for the ceremony. Also, communicate this to all necessary vendors.
7. One Week Left. Don’t ‘Freak Out’. Just chill and make yourelf a cuppa. You’ve got the checklist in hand still, am I right? Free up a day for yourself about a week before the wedding and sort out some of the finer details, this will help you stay calm and relaxed.
8. Contacting suppliers to confirm arrival times of Makeup Artists, flowers, car etc.,
9. Organise all your envelopes with any fees due on the wedding morning. It makes this painless for you and easy for dishing out on the day.
10. A good time to contact your Venue’s Wedding Planner with a final head count.
11. This one’s a doozy, appoint a trustworthy person to bring important items (cake knife, toasting glasses, etc.) to the reception. In addition, appoint someone to act as an “organiser” to handle any last-minute problems. A close friend is a good choice.
12. Have you organised ‘Something Old, New, Borrowed and Blue’?
13. With one week to go, get final beauty treatment, manicure, waxing, brow shaping and tan.
14. To put your mind at ease, confirm your honeymoon arrangements. Make a short honeymoon checklist and Begin packing now. Keep in your spare room or by your bed and start packing essentials.
15. If all you’re checking went to plan, the rehearsal dinner and speeches were a breeze… you’re almost ready!
The Night Before, Remember to breathe:
16. Just to put your mind at ease, confirm honeymoon arrangements.
17. Please, don’t forget to pack an overnight bag for wedding day and evening.
18. This is an essential part of the process, attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner;
19. Remember to give the rings, and officiant’s fee, to the best man.
20. Lastly on this day, try to get some rest
…Your day has finally arrived!
Chill babes. Didn’t you have the Best Wedding Guide to plan? It’s all done and dusted and triple checked.
On your day, just take a breath and enjoy every single moment.
x Debs x