Remember when you got engaged, like a year or so ago and you thought to yourself… “ages to go yet”. Sorry, loves I didn’t mean to panic you. Sure don’t I alway have your back, simply check back through my Best Wedding Guide and get checking off everything you’ve done. I am here to put the CALM into your planning.
Four Months to go – ‘The divil is in the detail’
1. Make sure you have ordered your wedding rings. Seriously, have you done that yet? Chewing gum foil wrappers on the wedding morning just will not do.
2. Don’t forget to shop for shoes for Bride and Groom. Get this job in now. Don’t be lastminute.com and SCREAM when you can’t find the perfect pair of pumps to walk you down the aisle.
3. Most importantly, obtain a marriage license. Bring all necessary documents. This is one of those fecky little details peeps tend to put on the long finger. Just organize, put it out of the way and then it’s done.
4. Make essential calls, including confirming wedding ceremony and reception music. So important, keep in touch with all your suppliers. Things happen in life and you don’t want to end up having a ‘missing’ essential supplier on your wedding day.
5. If you plan on writing your own vows, start writing them now. Not at the last minute. This will give you time for edits and to research some heartfelt quotes.
6. Have you posted your invites yet? Should I even have to ask you this question? If you haven’t, then don’t waste any more time. You do want people to show up, don’t you?
7. Did you know? The wedding ring goes on the ‘ring finger’ because it is the only finger, with a vein that connects straight to the heart
8. Lads, the last eight weeks fly in so I am including this now. The more organized you are the more joyful your day will be.
9. Another essential detail to remember ladies, organize that first dress fitting. If you have lost weight, you may need a couple of fittings before the Big Day. Imagine when you go to pick up your dress and it’s too big and you are getting married the next day and alterations need to be done. Well, it won’t happen, because you have read this article. Get on the phone and make that alterations appointment if you need it.
10. Need an excuse for a girls day out shopping? Not if you are getting married in a couple of months. At this stage of the game, I would highly recommend a get together with your bridal party to shop. Make sure all your bridesmaids are singing off the same hymn sheet when it comes to shoes and accessories. Make sure you BRUNCH first then shop. This ensures peace and harmony when making decisions.
11. It’s all about those deets peeps. Time to go over your wedding guest list. If there have been changes to room bookings or someone can’t go, let the venue know in advance. This is important for you to do before you pay your final bill. Don’t get caught with any extra charges.
12. Finally, and this is part of the business of making calls. Confirm all transportation plans. Not just for you, but for your out of town guests (hire a bus if needs must to shuttle guests to the venue). It’s easy to organise, set up a paypal account, get everyone to contribute to the shuttle bus and it will make theirs and your lives easier. They can enjoy a few drinks and not have to worry about how to get home. Just an idea.
love begins in a moment, grows over time, and lasts and eternity.
Remember, I am always on hand to answer any pressing wedding queries you have. More than 18 years industry experience qualifies me just a little bit.
Like and follow me on social media @debsleonard 11 or pop over to see what’s happnin’ of facebook
I’d love to hear from you so simply get in touch here!
image credits unsplash